Winging It: 3-Ingredient Strawberry Yogurt Parfait

Strawberry season is still here, so with these wonderfully delicious fruits on sale come more ideas as to how to eat them.

I was playing with the possibility of producing a variant of the Maria biscuit cake that I made a couple weeks ago, thinking that I could swap out the biscuits for shortbread ones and the cream cheese for Greek yogurt. But instead of another biscuit cake as a result, the parfait happened.

For this concoction, I mixed strawberry sauce (literally a sauce formed from strawberries via the food processor) with Greek yogurt and a little bit of granulated sugar as an optional ingredient using the hand mixer to form strawberry yogurt. Greek yogurt is thick to begin with, but the strawberries added more liquid to the mix, resulting in a slightly runny yogurt. Not my favorite of textures, but I can work with it. I then put maybe 3 shortbread biscuits into a mortar and crumbled them with the pestle. I was doing things with my eyes again, so no exact measurements here, but the biscuits crumbled just enough to fill the small-to-medium-sized mortar. I also slivered a few strawberries for garnish.

I then took one of my Bullet blender containers from the cupboard and filled it first with a layer of strawberry yogurt, then crumbled shortbread biscuits, and lastly sliced strawberries. I repeated this until I reached the top. A nice visual of layers did not form, since the yogurt seeped into the other layers so you can't really tell. However, I think that this parfait will be delicious because while I was doing all this, I was eating strawberries and shortbread biscuits along the way. I was also feeling more creative than I was hungry, so I'll find out how it all tastes later.

Update: OMG SO GOOD

bullet parfait
simple ingredients (not shown: a little sugar)

very similar to making strawberry cream

the auxiliary yogurt bowl, with some cacao nibs for garnish.

Comments

Popular Posts