Ninja Foodi: Roasted rack of lamb

I was browsing Sprouts next door to my gym and noticed that the rack of lamb was on sale at $9.99 a pound. 👀 I grabbed two.


Those who have shared food with me know that lamb is my most favored meat of choice. Being habitat grass-fed, it's very healthy, tastes quite flavorful, and is high in iron and protein. I decided to roast a rack for dinner.

I got a Ninja Foodi from my family for Christmas, which is like the Instant Pot but with more features. One of the features of the Ninja Foodi is that it can roast. So rather than use my range to saute and the oven to roast, I decided to use the Foodi to do both. It's faster in both cook and clean time.

Recipe: Ninja Foodi Rack of Lamb

Ingredients 
  • rack of lamb, preferably French-trimmed
  • one lemon
  • avocado oil 
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper 
  • sage
  • thyme
1. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze juice onto entire rack of lamb.
2. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, both sides. 
3. Turn on the saute feature, set to level 4. Pour in some avocado oil, maybe 1 tbs. 
4. Saute on both sides and at the ends to seal in flavor. Look at your cooking to tell when to turn over. When it browns slightly, switch side or end to sear. (Don't let it brown completely.)
5. Turn off the saute feature. Let it cool a bit.
6. Baste some olive oil onto each side of the lamb.
7. Transfer onto greased wire rack (I used the one that came with my IP), placing a few sprigs of sage and thyme.
8. Bake at 400°F/204°C for 20 minutes. 
9. Let it cool down a bit after the Foodi automatically shuts off. 
10. Remove the herb sprigs and discard.
11. Separate each rib with a sharp knife. 
12. Serve with a Greek salad or some vegetables and potatoes. 

Enjoy. 

Before

After



Comments

  1. Wow! How long did it take you to finish eating it? Your Dad and I will most probably eat it for at least meals with lots of veggies on the side and of course, brown rice with quinoa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for your comment. I'm checking it out before it goes live!

Popular Posts