My first Snack Crate!

A couple weeks ago, I was given a Snack Crate box to try. I was pretty excited because this subscription service features different countries for each box, and of course, I didn't know which country.

Turns out the featured snacks came from Denmark.


About the size of a small shoe box (kids' shoes), the snack crate is nicely packaged with specialty tissue paper bound by a seal of the Denmark flag. It holds a variety of snacks from sweet and salty, a couple single-serving sized bag of chips, delicious orange chocolate, and a dolphin gummy. It had a small sheet of stickers for kids. Some of the many snacks are featured below:

Dolphin gummy, rather large

Marshmallow chocolate banana was just OK.

This is a Milky Way copycat that isn't as sweet.
Aptly named the Yankie Original.

Strawberry fruit straw with crunchy pixie powder inside.
This was good, I'd get these if I see them again.

If you like popcorn with some candy mix-ins,
you'd like these. They taste like lightly
sweetened, salted grahams in chocolate.


It took me maybe two weeks to finish the box. I liked 9/10 of the things in them. I realized that this is the Original box out of 3 options, with Mini being the smallest and Premium being the largest.

Digging around on the website, it looks like an Original box subscription runs for about $26/month.

Would I subscribe? Maybe, but not right now. I've done this before with Try the World. And that was great for a few years, but as I become more aware of places to get things locally and online, I realize that I enjoy the freedom and flexibility to find different foods and snacks from around the world myself.

But was this a nice treat? Yes!
Does this inspire me to travel again soon? YES.

... Note to self: Renew my passport.

Comments

Popular Posts