K Pop! Sauce

I was on Facebook the other day, scrolling down my newsfeed, when I saw a promotional offer for a three-bottle pack of sauces: Super Spicy Chili, Kimchi Spicy Mayo, and Honey Chili. Of course I'm a big fan of Korean cuisine, so I clicked on through to order the trio off Amazon. It was a launch promo, and I was quoted to receive them in the first week of February.



Surprisingly, they arrived instead in 4 days. From the info I read, they're made in the U.S. with flavors inspired by Koreatown in L.A. So maybe they're made in L.A.? Grabbing a bottle ... yup, made in L.A.

I had an ahi tuna salad for dinner earlier and was still a little hungry so I decided to do a sauce-sampling test. I put some gluten-free chicken nuggets in the Foodi (I'm not gf any longer, that was just all I noticed in Sprouts) to airfry and set up my taste-testing palette.



Super Spicy Chili is exactly what it's called. It's good and peppery but so spicy! I could only sample a little of it before moving to the next sauce.

Kimchi Spicy Mayo is perfect. It reminds me of the sauce that's sometimes on sushi rolls. That's probably what they use, actually. I'm odd because I loathe mayo alone, but when it's blended with something else, it becomes pretty tasty.

Lastly was the Honey Glaze Chili. I was wary this sauce would be grossly sweet, but it really isn't. It's sweet, spicy, and even a little citrusy. I checked the ingredients list and see that  there is indeed citrus in the form of lemon and lime juice.



Overall, these sauces are a great buy. I look forward to glazing some ribs with a combination of the Super Spicy Chili and Honey Glaze Chili sauces, maybe I'll even marinade some chicken thighs with them, too. The Kimchi Spicy Mayo is an excellent dipping and garnish sauce. I can put that on a burger, maybe have with some fries. Oh, this is my new ketchup.


I'm excited!


Comments

Popular Posts