Spring treats

For every major holiday, I bake. Maybe in lieu of religious observances or meeting with family, it's how I observe. 

I woke up on Easter Sunday and the first thing I wanted to do was make ube Rice Krispies Treats with Fruit Loops. They're not only sweet, but I like how the skillet smells with the melted butter, marshmallows, and ube extract, and how they look completely abstract when done.


Yesterday, in the middle of packing for renovations, I made this no bake confetti cake from Tasty as well. I did it without getting my hopes up because it's from a box and it's no bake (inferior to baked, in my opinion), but it turned out pretty decent.



Anyway, I've got nothing more profound to say lol. But just wanted to update the blog despite the recent busy-ness of life. And to share colorful food pics. I look forward to getting my Covid-19 vaccination soon so that dining out can be more of a pastime again. 

Comments

Popular Posts