New Filipino sandwich shop in town

This past weekend, I made it a point to check out this newly opened Filipino fusion casual dining spot in nearby Lynnwood called LASA Sandwiches & Pearls. 

I heard about them through social media, with one member in my Seattle foodies group saying how good their sandwiches were. 

Calling twice with no one answering, I figured they'd be busy, so I tried later and on the third attempt, placed my takeout order with a quoted 25- to 30-minute wait. 

Located in a humble commercial plaza next to a barber shop by the Lynnwood DMV, I found plenty of parking. I waited 10 more minutes in my car for my estimated pickup time, and waited a few more minutes as I stood in line behind a couple who was just placing their order. While in line, I got a good feel for the place: Neat, clean, cozy, with thoughtful decorative touches of the Philippines in the form of framed photographs, Filipiniana, and tropical plants. There were a handful of people seated but not eating and looking at their phones, which tells me that they too must be waiting for their orders. Everyone was masked and spaced out.

After greeting me, the nice lady behind the counter told me my order was ready, and I paid "contactless" through my phone and their touch screen. 

I ordered the Lechon Kawali Roll sandwich and the Boracay Breeze. I made a note to myself to get the halo halo with the cookie wafer straw when my sweet tooth is acting up, because from Google, that looks good. 

Speaking of sweet tooth, the Boracay Breeze was it. I can definitely taste the calamansi and other citrus blends, but the sugar content was intense: I could only enjoy two sips before reaching for my water bottle. But you know, that's ok, because this just means it's concentrated, so if I add some water, I get two servings! Haha. All good and something I'd order again with some water nearby. 

Lastly, the Lechon Kawali Roll was worth the price: The marinated pork belly was tender and crispy where it should be, with garnishes of pepper (Thai chili is my guess) and green onion. I used kitchen scissors to cut my roll into a few handheld pieces. It was so delicious that I made sure to eat the leftover seasonings after. 

I am going here again to try their other items!

P.S. Lasa means taste, flavor in Filipino.







Comments

Popular Posts