New Filipino Sandwich Shop in Town Part II

Last month, I went to LASA Sandwiches & Pearls to scope out the place and try their Lechon Kawali (roasted pork belly) roll. I wasn't disappointed, even when my green calamansi drink was super sweet! So when a good friend texted me saying she wanted to check the place out after seeing this vivaciously humorous and menu-comprehensive review by Meg van Huygen on the Stranger's Sub Missives section, I was like, yeah, let's go! I also gave her a little crap for not noticing my blog post about it, but being formerly in the industry, I support good writing, independent journalism, and delicious locally made Filipino food, so off to Lynnwood we went.

I casually invited a few other friends via Messenger, but no one from the thread joined us. It's OK, though: It was last-minute on my part and today has just been rainy-day lazy. As I type this out, I have a hot date tonight updating my MacBook Pro to get it to the latest OS. Oh yeah.

...

S and I meet at the plaza which had a lot of action not only from the sandwich shop but also from the DMV across the parking lot.

Despite the crowd of waiting customers, we got our order in fairly quickly and was quoted a 30-minute wait for 2 Halo-Halos (the ultimate ice cream dessert drink), a Lechon Kawali roll (hers), an Adobo Fried Chicken sandwich (mine), and some Lumpiang Shanghai (ours). We killed time catching up in the parking lot, talking about whatever. If the sky didn't look like it was about to cry, we would have walked to the pawn shop up the road but didn't want to get stranded from the rain. 

When we finally got our food, here's what we noticed:

The Halo-Halo is very nicely presented and accurately layered and garnished with some langka (jackfruit), macapuno (coconut strings), red and green fruit jellies, ube halaya, leche flan, pinipig (toasted rice), ube ice cream, condensed milk, shaved ice, and a chocolate Stikko wafer straw. Omg BoMb. This is the best Halo-Halo I have had in the state of Washington thus far and, in my opinion, is worth the price of $7.50 at the time of this writing.

Lechon Kawali roll: Delicious. Discussed in an earlier post. If you do not have dietary issues or restrictions, just get it. 

Adobo Fried Chicken sandwich: Wow, this is flavorful and a lot, comprising an adobo-marinated chicken thigh or breast that is flattened and breaded. There are also pickles in the sandwich and a creamy jalapeño-based dressing in there. So masarap.

Lumpiang Shanghai: Made in-house and not ordered from a vendor, the ground meat is marinated, rolls are compact, and served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce that I suspect is also made on site because it, too, just tastes better.

The portions are well-sized that I couldn't finish my Halo-Halo and saved the rest of my Adobo Fried Chicken sandwich for later. S ate her Lechon Kawali roll, really liked it, and said she was stuffed. There were even a few pieces of lumpia left that I got to take home. 😋

Honestly, if you haven't gone yet, you have to go soon! Or, like, now, or when it opens. Tomorrow at 11.


Behold the LASA Halo-Halo


Our lasa spread—so worth the wait!






Comments

Popular Posts