Food and friends in the Land of the Red Maple Leaf

This past February, I had a most excellent time being with dear friends and checking out the food and walking around in Vancouver. Their dessert confections, tea time service, and diverse dining options are worth spending a trip up north. I even went to a fancy buffet dining experience with live opera at the Pan Pacific by the waterfront and convention center. I can cross that off my bucket list!
Pro tip: Before leaving Canada, go to a convenience store or value store (I recommend Real Canadian Superstore) and stock up on ketchup chips and import chocolate--all the things they don't sell down south. Don't get Kinder Eggs, I think people get arrested for that. Also, their Kit-Kat tastes better.
Dolsot (stone pot) bibimbap with cheese. Notice that side dish of potato? That's one of my favorite banchan. This was my first meal when I arrived.
Gawking at the pastries display case at Cafe Villagio, Coal Harbor.
Gawking at the pastries display case at Thierry.

Celebratory desserts at Thierry, where everything is  high-quality delicious and you just cannot go wrong.



I appreciate aesthetics in presentation. Tea time at the Secret Garden Tea Company.



Making adobo and seasoned baby bok choy for friends as our last meal together. Not shown: Rice.


Saying hi to this handsome boy with the Vancouver Police Department and his officer. He lives in a stable at Stanley Park. Here's a story about them: VPD horses

Comments

Popular Posts