DIY Instant Pot dulce de leche!

I'm pretty excited about finding this recipe for the Instant Pot. It's minimalist on so many levels: three ingredients if you include the water, takes under an hour, and is simple to follow. There is cleanup involved, but it's minimal.

The recipe comes from Amy + Jacky:
Cloud 9 Instant Pot Dulce de Leche

Before and After

Below are the stages of development. I used an 8" stainless steel mixing bowl instead of a 7" one. As you can see, some condensed milk spilled over and burned at the base of the IP container. Not sure if I should have added a little more water to prevent this. I also lightly covered the pressure release valve on the sealed lid since it was leaking some condensed milk while gaining pressure.





Observations: It was important to use an immersion blender, because when I stirred the contents, it was still bubbling from the heat. The design of the blender enabled me to do this safely. I am glad I did not use the whipping cream attachment for my handheld mixer and borrowed my neighbor's immersion blender instead! Caramelized sugar and syrup burns are not fun. A few ounces of the 14 oz can evaporated in the process, because I got about 11 ounces of dulce de leche from the can.

Overall, it's a great recipe and I would make it again. My next post will be on what I used the caramel sauce for!

Comments

Popular Posts