Just two photos

One of my childhood friends gave me a very large Asian pear from Korea. Looking at it reminds me of times in Guam when my BIL's family gave my family a box of these from Korea and when I'd see them for sale in Japan. After scrubbing the pear lightly with a vegetable brush, I soaked the pear in water with a little salt to soften the skin. I then cut it in half, slicing one half into thinner slices while placing the other half back into the bowl of salted water (to keep from browning) to eat later.

Crunchy like jicama but sweet and watery, it is so good! The salt from the light soak complements its perfectly fine flavor: no need for any glaze or caramel sauce. I ate all the slices without realizing. When whole foods are delicious on their own, it's always a delight.

Thank you, sister-friend.

Comments

Popular Posts