"Fertility" Sunday Cooking



Like most major holidays with the exception of Halloween, I have mixed feelings about Easter. It's one of those holidays where if you have no family nearby, especially during the COVID-19
social distancing measures, you feel pretty alone.

Which I suppose inspired me on this special day of chocolate rabbits, church, and eggs to cook. Nothing fancy, more comfort-food based.

Tuna-Salmon Noodle Casserole




I've been craving tuna casserole and knew I had a few things to use for it. I went by this recipe, but didn't follow it to a T.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/151593/campbells-tuna-noodle-casserole/

Alterations: I used Cream of Chicken instead of Cream of Mushroom. I added a can of salmon about the same size as the can of tuna.

The recipe calls for peas, but I don't like them, so I used a can of green beans and some frozen spinach instead.

I threw in Boursini Cracked Black Pepper soft cheese and added parmesan. I stirred all the ingredients together on heat before scooping on top of the egg noodles.

Also, for the egg noodles, I used a whole package of it and boiled the pasta in water with a cube each of vegetable and chicken bouillon.

The casserole turned out great, in my opinion. The noodles alone have flavor, and it didn't bake too soggy, which is good so I can use it as a carb staple for when I'd have the butter chicken, which I made later that evening.




Butter Chicken 


The butter chicken was super easy. I cut up a pound of chicken thighs into thick pieces. Instead of butter, I used ghee. I added a few cloves of mashed garlic. And I heated it all up with a light saute before throwing in the brick of butter chicken seasoning paste and some water. At the very end, I poured in some whole milk. I waited till the end because milk solids will separate if you add it in while boiling, and it won't have the same effect. Same goes for coconut milk. Add them all only in the end.

It's funny because some friends thought I was cooking gizzards and a tongue (I asked them to guess), and I can see that ...

But the whole place smelled delicious, and I'll have leftovers I can eat and play around with for days.

Easter as it's called was good. Tomorrow I'll do my own hunt for the seasonal chocolate that goes on sale 😂






Comments

Popular Posts