Ototo

There's no denying my interest in objects that are both unique and functional. It's also refreshing when these objects are well-made, because the appeal ascends from the category of forgettable, impulsively bought kitsch into meaningful abstract art. Ototo is one company that I found through Amazon whose products I understand. Hebrew for "any minute now," this design company founded by two art school alumni specializes in making imaginative and useful home goods. 

I found out about all of this after the cute zoomy Can-Do can opener impressed me, so I did some research. I had been eyeing the Can-Do but was worried that it would be poorly made for the price (Amazon does not appear to do quality-control checks on their vendors, so sometimes products on there can be hit or miss). Plus, I have a can opener already: It's clunky and basic, but serves its purpose. 

The next time the Can-Do popped up on the app, though, there was a Lightning Deal, so I bought one! 

As soon as I received it, I took it for a test drive around the rim of some Pork and Beans. It's sturdy, works really well and opened the can easily and quickly. It's also compact, so it's easy to clean and small enough to store away but remains adorable enough to display. 

[By the way, this post is non-affiliated and non-compensated. I write for the joy of it.]

Comments

Popular Posts